Around 11:30 a.m., the doctor ruptured my membranes and the contractions became A LOT stronger and more regular. Within an hour I needed an epidural. Why anyone would want to give birth without an epidural is beyond me after what I experienced for that last hour. Ow! You do not want to see any pictures of what I looked like at that point!After the epidural, I felt much better, but my labor slowed during the afternoon and the baby was showing some signs of distress. Throughout the entire day, the doctors were having problems with the contraction monitor malfunctioning, so they weren't sure if the baby's distress was related to the contractions being too strong or something else. At about 6:00 p.m. I received some medicine to stop the contractions, giving me and Babyjinx some time to rest.
The pitocin was restarted at around 10:00 and by 10:30 p.m. I was completely dilated and effaced and ready to go. Apparently, Babyjinx and I just needed a little R & R. Since I hadn't really felt any urges to push yet and Babyjinx was doing well, we waited for about another hour to allow the baby to move on down a little bit more.
At 11:30 p.m. I started pushing and at 12:06 a.m. on 11/28/09 Babyjinx arrived! He was pink and healthy and crying. What a relief! My favorite part of the delivery was Mike yelling and laughing and being so excited when the baby came out!
Just seconds after delivery...
Baby Robert is wide awake to meet mom and dad.
Proud daddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment