Sunday, April 26, 2009

Poor Minnie!

Minnie was not herself last weekend. She didn't want to eat or drink and hardly moved from her spot on the chair. Last Tuesday I came home from work and found her bleeding all over the place, but I couldn't tell where it was coming from, other than the general vicinity of her rear end. I was horrified and immediately started thinking of all of the worst case scenarios as I drove her to the vet. Poor Minnie had developed a LARGE abscess that had ruptured! Scary and painful, but nothing that couldn't be patched up. She was in a great deal of pain so the vet gave her a heavy dose of kitty narcotics some antibiotics and scheduled her for surgery to fix the abscess the next day. She had her surgery and came home with some stitches and 3 days worth of kitty pain meds. By the next day, I could tell that she was feeling much better because she started asking for food and attention again. It's been 5 days now and she seems to be on the mend and pretty much back to normal. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment