Sunday, December 21, 2008

JJinx learns to blog

I've been keeping a journal since about 2nd grade. The original was a small white book with a leather cover and a tiny lock and key. By now there are volumes of thoughts jotted down... on scraps of paper, on the sheets left over in my 3 subject Mead notebooks from Chemistry classes, and in fancy journals bought at bookstores along the way. I can hardly keep track of them all at this point! It seems that transitioning to the digital world is the next normal step.

Mr. Jinx and I got married this past May and I have to say, I am loving married life. It's great to have your best friend around 24/7! Even SweetPea loves it...she has morphed from an aloof housecat to a funny, quirky, loveable Aristocat with Mr. Jinx's careful prodding.

Mr. Jinx and I have finished all of our holiday shopping, wrapping, and party obligations. I was trying to avoid making candy this year so that I wouldn't end up gorging myself. Christmas candy making is a tradition that started with Granny Ruby many years ago and somehow I ended up carrying on. Dad has requested a batch of fudge so it looks like I'll be up to my ears in chocolate and sugar after all.






No comments:

Post a Comment