Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I LOVE road trips to anywhere, especially being the driver. Must have inherited that from my dad.

2. My car broke down once while on a solo road trip in an isolated area of the Cascades in Oregon. I had no cell phone and had to be rescued by a highway department worker.

3. My grandma Ruby is the person I admire the most in the world.

4. I get bored if I stay in the same place for more than 2 or 3 years.

5. I wish I had studied less in college.

6. A little girl, just learning to walk, fell into the most disgusting urban lake in Cincinnati and was drowning. Her babysitter panicked and just watched her disappear. I jumped in and hauled her out from what I'm pretty certain was a sewer. I had just had knee surgery and was on crutches at the time. It was seriously terrifying.

7. If I weren't a genetic counselor, I would want to study foreign languages and work for the CIA.

8. One of my favorite noises is the sound of my cat, Sweet Pea's, purring.

9. America's Funniest Home Videos totally cracks me up.

10. I can be very indecisive.

11. I have a photographic memory for maps and have a very good sense of direction. That being said, my friend Liz and I were studying for a molecular genetics test during a grad school road trip and I got distracted and accidentally drove us to Chicago instead of Cincinnati!!

12. I have a song for every major event in my life.

13. I believe that where you end up in life is a direct reflection of the choices you make.

14. My husband is the most eternally optimistic person I have ever known.

15. I plan everything. Seriously. I even plan to "not plan" things.

16. I love to dance.

17. I get really annoyed by people who don't follow the rules.

18. I have always wanted to play an instrument and now I'm learning to play guitar. Don't expect any concerts any time soon...I'm HORRIBLE!

19. I spend my days conversing in depth with strangers so in my free time I dislike attending functions where there are lots of people I don't know.

20. I love the smell of the lilac bushes in my mom's front yard.

21. I'm really sad that none of my girlfriends live nearby. I miss them A LOT!

22. I have a snot phobia. I have been knee deep in way more disgusting things at work, but will wretch if I see a little kid with a snotty nose. Ugh. I feel a little sick just thinking about it.

23. I love surprises.

24. I'm convinced that there are werewolves that live in the woods by my parents house. My husband makes fun of me relentlessly.

25. I must be part rooster. Normal people do not wake up as early as I do.

1 comment: