Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Half Way Home!

I can hardly believe it but I'm already 20 weeks! That means it's the half-way point until Babyjinx arrives! We had our 20 week ultrasound and everything continues to look great. We got several pictures from the scan, but none were really good enough quality to post. Maybe next time! Our little one weighs nearly a pound and is about as long as a banana! These days I am SUPER grateful for maternity pants, air conditioning, and a husband that doesn't complain too much about changing the cat litter. I think pregnancy dementia has definitely set in; some days I can barely remember my own name! Otherwise, I actually feel pretty great and am really looking forward to a little trip that Mike and I are planning to celebrate our belated 1st anniversary. Not sure where we'll be going yet, though.

Mike has been busy getting things tweaked around the house. He's been installing shower rods and towel racks, unpacking boxes, fixing lights, and mulching the landscaping. He even replaced our sump pump all by himself! Let me tell you, it was impressive. Poor guy was up to his elbows in stagnant stinky sump pump hole water to get that job done. Next project: painting!

Minnie and Sweet Pea are loving the new house! Minnie has claimed the top step as her sleeping spot. She particularly enjoys hiding in the upstairs bathtub behind the shower curtain and stalking any poor soul who dares to sit on the toilet. Apparently, this is great fun in the cat world. It's a good thing I'm already sitting down when she ambushes me, because it startles me so badly that I'd probably wet my pants anyway! Sweet pea enjoys running from corner to corner, upstairs to downstairs at full speed chasing (or being chased by) some imaginary object. Neither of the Mao-Mao's seem to enjoy going outside on the deck yet...there are two big dogs that live behind us that bark and scare them. Plus Sweet Pea is deathly afraid of the garden hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment