Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

We had a great 4th of July weekend! Kathy and Derrick visited us from New Jersey Friday night and were our first overnight guests in the new house! It was so much fun seeing them!

Saturday we traveled to Rich Hill for the family BBQ, which was AWESOME to catch up with all of the extended family that we don't get to see very often (plus uncle Trent makes the BEST grilled burgers EVER and aunt Kris's homemade ice cream is so good it's worth waiting a whole year for!). Saturday night we attended the famous Rich Hill 4th of July Festival, complete with an outdoor concert by Shenendoah. Mike got some great fireworks pictures!
Baby update....I am now 19 weeks along and apparently the baby is the size of a mango, weighing in at just over 1/2 a pound already! Everything is going great and I'm feeling really good now. FINALLY I'm getting over this upper respiratory/sinus infection that I've had since mid-May...who knew how awesome it is to actually be able to breathe!


We made our first baby purchase last weekend, a crib and dresser! Uncle Bob and Trevor helped Mike carry them into the baby's room (thanks for the muscles!) and Mike put them together. Next project, painting the baby's room!

1 comment:

  1. Half way there! Isn't it so weird to have a crib in your house? I kept walking by the nursery and thinking, wait - what is that doing here? Do you know if this mango is of the male or female variety yet???

    ReplyDelete